Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
The Globe & Mail recently ran an article about Bartenders waging war on VODKA...
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Summer may be winding down, but "Party Season" is just getting started.
The one thing I love about fall and winter is all the Holidays and Party Occasions on the way...this is truly the only thing I love about Winter...well that and a whole new FAB Boot selection on the way...
So with family , friends and questionable relatives about to descend on your home for a festive gathering, it is important to make all your guests feel special and FABULOUS...
Even the ones who DON'T DRINK...!!! I know, it's hard to believe, but yes, there are people out there who don't partake in an alcoholic beverage. I often wonder how they manage to survive, but they do...And it is imperative to make them feel as welcome and deevine as everyone else.
My tip for this, is to set up a chic Non-Alcoholic mini bar or station at your party. Make it entirely self serve, you only need to check on the ice once and a while.
Also offer a small fresh garnish place, some berries or citrus wedges for the guests to add to their bevy. It's a small touch but a fun one to make the libations more fun and festive.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Friday, August 5, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Monday, August 1, 2011
I moved from a 5000sq, where about 1000 sq feet of that footage was closet space. They were huge and plentiful!
I sacrificed many spaces for my new home, large closets, masterbathroom , did I mention large closets?
In return I have an amazing, character filled home in a fabulous neighbourhood...more than a fare trade...Did I mention it has a huge wine seller...? Now "The Booze & Shoez" room...
With much less closet space, I need to make every inch count...isn't that always the way...any whoooooooooo..............
I decided to tackle my bathroom closet first, this seems to be where we (me) as a family have the most crap...bottles, tupes, gels..Oh MY!
Here is my pitiful BEFORE...............
Monday, July 25, 2011
So summer fun and entertaining season is here...
Finally after a long cold winter, we can shave the thermal stockings off our legs and let them see the sun once more.
And of course it is time to through the annual Backyard Party!!! To ensure a great time had by all, I have put together a list of Summer Party Do's and Don'ts...
Keep in mind that these are all open to interpretation,...if your idea of a great backyard party involves deep frying a freshly shot turkey in a vat of Bud-Lite, then your list will be very different...To each his own!
Summer Party Do's and Dont's...
1) DON'T be vague on the invitation...If you don't want your Cousin Eddy to show up with his 5 villainous children and dog Pickles!!! Be specific that it is an
adult only event...
2) DO make your house party friendly...This would be a good time to shelve the precious baubles and snow globe collection your great Aunt Edna gave you. And if need be cover all furniture in plastic .This is a good idea if mud wrestling is involved...remember to each his own!!
3) DO have a wide variety of background music. Just because you think David Hasselhoff's music is widely unappreciated Does Not mean your guests will. Try and keep it light, upbeat and well known.
4) DO inform your neighbours your having a party. The last thing you want is for the police to show up..that is unless they were hired..wink wink...chicabowbow ....to each his own!
5) The most important one...DON'T let your friends drink and drive...have a cab number handy or an extra couch to crash on. Or my personal favorite, invite a pregnant friend who can then chauffer everyone home at the end of the night...Yes I am speaking from personal experience!
Check out this FAB Blue Summer Mocktail brought to you by www.deflatetheelephant.com, a sure fire hit at any summer party...
Enjoy every last second of sun, remember January? Need I say more...
Be sure to check out the Deflate the Elephant website for more amazing tips and recipes...Also see what they are up to on their FaceBook Page...adn take the pledge!!!
Cheers to a happy and safe summer.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
The hot cocktail trend this year is all about bringing back the classics, in my libation world, they never left.
So I am thrilled to have a FABULOUS Classic Cocktail Contest just in time for Canada Day....
All Hail to The Caesar...Canada's Cocktail
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Hamilton Beach® Wave MakerTM 2 Speed Blender
• Wave-Action™ system eliminates Ice
Chunks – Every time!
• 700 watts peak power
• 48 oz. dishwasher safe, thermal shock
resistant glass jar
• Easy clean touchpad
Hamilton Beach® Quesadilla Maker
• Makes 6 wedges
• Locking lid for less mess & upright
• Power & preheat lights
• Nonstick surface wipes clean
Now for the HOW...It's easy...
1) Leave me a comment with one of the names of the Hamilton Beach Ice Cream makers and tell me what Cocktail would make a FAB Ice cream flavour. Be sure to leave your Twitter name in your comment...
That's it...your entered!
For an extra entry...
Tweet this out...
I love George Clooney & Hamilton Beach @cocktaildeeva @hbcanadanews #sillyfunHB
Now you have 2 entries...
And just for stopin by...I want to leave you with my deelish...Tequila Salsa recipe...Cheers
3 Chilli peppers-your choice, chopped- stems and seeds removed
1/3 cup Patron Tequila
2 large chopped ripe tomatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large chopped spanish onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup water
ENJOY! and Happy Canada Day...
** Contest open to Twitter and Canadian residence only. Contest ends Sunday July 3, 2011 at 12am. Winner will be announced Monday July 4th 2011.**