"Oh my God you look like Heidi Klum!!" ...
Ok ...ok...so that's what I hear in my head...the therapy is helping...
What I usually get told is this..."I love reading what you write, you say things I only wish I could say out loud." My response is always a huge Thank You because I am shocked that people actually read it. Then I proceed to tell them to try and start saying those things out loud. It makes you feel better...
Sooooo...here I go again....
I am now stating for the record, that my Children's "Happiness" is NOT my number one priority in Life !!!
Ha! that feels good...so good I am going to say it again...!!!!!!!!!
I am now stating for
the record, that my Children's "Happiness" is NOT my number one priority
in Life !!!
So now I better clarify my
statement before the "Oh she's just a selfish bitch" Police come and get me...So I have decided to come clean and make a list of all the things I do that do not make my kids HAPPY.
1) Forcing my kids to sit at the table and do homework after school, so they can one day earn a decent living. So does not make them HAPPY.
2) I have the nerve to make my 14 & 12 year old do their own
laundry, so they too can one day survive in the wild. This SO does not make them HAPPY.
3) Sending them to bed at a decent hour and not letting them watch sex and violence on TV till the wee hours, so they can function
like humans the next day...Is soo not HAPPY worthy.
4) I have the audacity to make them look people in the eye when they are talking to them and hold doors, say Thank You and your welcome...I AM A MONSTER
! and they are so not HAPPY.
5) I force my 12 yr old son to shower every 2nd day, wear his pants around his waste and brush his teeth, so people can actua
lly stand within a 5 mile radius of him. No HAPPY here.
I have very simple goals in life...Keep my sons out of jail and my daughters off the pole.
I am not raising BFF's ...I'm raising my children, and trying to make them good Human Beings.
So in a nut shell...I AM THE BAD GUY ...and
I'm ok with that.
It used to bother me that dad was always the fun guy and I got to hand out shit sandwiches. But over the last year or so I came to the realization that it's my GOAL for the children that matters...not my
reputation as THE ENFORCER !!!
So I enjoy the happy fun carefree moments with them to the fullest, Because I know I am going to be the FUN SUCKER that has to tell them..."Play Times Over !
So to all the "Bad Guys" out there...Cheers to you! It will all be worth in the end...When your kids the one that...Can read, says thank you and doesn't
Bad Guy Bellini
1 ounce Hpnotiq
1 ounce Raspberry Vodka
3 ounces Lemonade
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
Garnish with some fresh fruit & a sense of a job well done...
P.S. Don't ever let anyone make you second guess a decision you make in your child's life. Go with your gut...