Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm in the closet....

As some of you know I moved recently...

I moved from a 5000sq, where about 1000 sq feet of that footage was closet space. They were huge and plentiful!
I sacrificed many spaces for my new home, large closets, masterbathroom , did I mention large closets?

In return I have an amazing, character filled home in a fabulous neighbourhood...more than a fare trade...Did I mention it has a huge wine seller...? Now "The Booze & Shoez" room...

With much less closet space, I need to make every inch count...isn't that always the way...any whoooooooooo..............

I decided to tackle my bathroom closet first, this seems to be where we (me) as a family have the most crap...bottles, tupes, gels..Oh MY!

Here is my pitiful BEFORE...............





I did not want to go with conventional baskets and I no longer wanted to look at all the crap when I opened the door... For some reason, the shopping gods were smiling down on me...

ALL decorative boxes at Michael's were....60 % OFF !!!!


Oh Sweet Organizational Heaven...it's too good to be true!
They are sooooo PEERRRRTY..........and hide all the CRAP!!

Hair Crap, Face Crap...and...."Ladies Day" Crap.....................



I also made use of some left over wallpaper to give the shelves some Fabulous'ness...Just because it's a small space, doesn't mean it can't be a beautiful one...



I even had a fantastic assistant...as every good D.I.Y Deeva project should...or maybe I should call her... D.I.Y.Weeva...


Soooooooooo....the AFTER...turned out SO great...I am thrilled with the results and now want everyone to look in my closets...Well at least this one, the others are still on the "To Do" list!

AFTER.....



This D.I.Y Deeva project took me all of 45 minutes.....and cost.....

UNDER 50 DOLLARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All done with a Fabulous cocktail in one hand of course...

Cheers to Pretty things and Organization...!!

D.I.Y.Deeva Martini...


2 ounces Absolut Orient Apple Vodka
2 ounces Lychee juice
4 ripe cherries
1/2 soda water
squeeze of fresh lemon

Muddle pitted cherries with 1/2 ounce of vodka and fresh lemon zest. Add to a shaker filled with ice and the rest of the ingredients except the soda. Shake well and strain into a martini glass and top with soda...Serve with a fresh cherry or gooseberry.

Be sure to serve these up for your next D.I.Y project!!!



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Janet said...

LOVE those boxes from Michael's! Even better when they're on sale! Great job!