Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Vodka Infused Apple Sauce...


There is nothing I like more than adding Vodka to food...well there a few things I like more, but this is way up there...

Everyone I know, except me, is a fan of putting fruit on their meat...I just don't get it...

So I figured if they insisted on putting apple sauce on their pork...it at least should be good apple sauce. Not the quasi baby formula crap you buy at the grocery store.

And...since I was making it from scratch...why not add a little Vodka to it...

Recipe- Serves 6
3 large apples
2 tbs brown sugar
6 tbs white sugar
Vodka
1/2 ounce vanilla liqueur

Peel, core and dice apples. Place in a jar and add enough vodka to just cover them. Let sit for a day. Pour marinated apples into a sauce pan and add 1 cup of water, cook until apples are tender, about 15 minutes. Strain apples and add to blender/food processor. Blend in sugars, lemon juice and vanilla liqueur. Once all is blended pour back into sauce pan and cook on low heat for another 5 minute...Let cool and serve.

Cheers and Enjoy...I will be waiting for you dinner invitations...





Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Darryl Koster said...

Very interesting idea, would work well with so many bases.

Just a thought though, do not peel or core your apples. There is pectin in them thar thingy's and it will help to thicken up that sauce and hold the water in it better (no water seepage at top)..try it, you will like it!

Anonymous said...

Directions mention lemon juice but it's not in your ingredients list. Lemon juice quantity?