Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wine & Dye !

Some of you know about the Hair Drama that I went through only a few short weeks ago...

An upside is that it's easy to dye my hair now...there really isn't that much of it left. The down side is that because it's dark again the greys come in fast and furious.


So I need to find a good home dye that works well and actually covers greys...Dying your hair is dull and boring so I decided to add wine to the mix. This always makes anything way funner...So here is the first in my Wine & Dye series...

I tried this...L'Oreal Sublime Mouse...yes I saw it on TV and bought it...like you have not done that...

It's boasts ...Ease of application, I believe the words they use are soft...sumptuous and simple..Really? Sumptuous? What'evs...Luscious color and Grey coverage...LOVE the marketing geniuses that come up with these words...

So...how did it do...

I score them by George's ...of course...1 being worst...5 being FANF&^%INGTASTIC...

Ease of use- 4 George's - It was super easy to use. No need to be a rocket scientist here.

Cleanliness- 5 George's- It's next to Godliness you know...I LOVED this product for this...NO splatters...I would give 2 thumbs up but that would mean that I would drop my wine.

Lusciousness- 4 George's- The actual dye smells like every other dye. However...the conditioner that they give with this product smells strangely like a yummy snack food. I have to say I was mildly aroused while using it, and hungry...I know it's wrong, please don't judge.

Grey Coverage- 2 George's - About the same as any other home brad I have used...Did not get all of them and in a week or so...who knows...

Would I buy it again...? Maybe...I have a few more I want to try first...for me...Grey Coverage is key...and I am ok with that...really...*sobbing in wine*

I Drank this...

It was a gift from my divine friend Gale...xoxo...

So...how did it do...

Ease of Use- 4 George's- This is a smooth Sauvignon yet has a lovely twist to it that is like a party in your mouth...mind out of the gutter...

Cleanliness- 4 George's - Well I spilt some on my shirt but I think it will come out.

Lusciousness- 4 George's- It has really nice grassy and tropical notes ...Yes this means it tastes a little like Pineapple Grass...but hey...that can be good...riiiiiggght Duuuuude... Pineapple Express...get it...ya..ok...moving on...

Grey Coverage- Ya I got nothin...It was a lovely bottle of wine and I would definitely buy it and serve it to my friends...my good friends...after all it retails for $18.5 a bottle...Hey...I have to watch my shoe budget...

This product review was brought to you buy....ME..........

I paid for the Dye out of my own pocket...And the fabulous wine was a gift...

Thanks for reading...Cheers
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Jodi Sonoda said...

Since I have NO GREY (he he he) cleanliness is number 1, especially being in a rental apartment! Might have to try this... The hair dye that is, not the wine. Wine is a for sure try!

Queen said...

Wine descriptions were fabulous!