Monday, May 10, 2010

Let it Ride....Mama needs a new pair of SHOES...







So in the last few months I have been able to travel to Las Vegas with my darling husband on business, in total I have

been there 3 times. Now Vegas is not one of my fav

orite places to visit, I find it l

oud, dirty and well...tacky as hell. But it is what it is and I believe everyone needs to see it at least once...


The important thing to figure out before you go is what Vegas do you want to see...Like Joan Rivers, Vegas has many different faces.




There is “Dirty Vegas”, the strippers, swing clu

bs, dial a girl and

bunny ranches. This is not my type of vegas, I like to keep all the debauchery in my life right in my own bedroom.


The “Shinny Disco Balls Vegas”, these are all the celeb rag mag hyped night clubs. Pure, Tao, LAX and Blush just to name a few. You may get lucky

and spot Paris Hilton pantie-less in a giant martini glass. But most likely you will wait far too long in line, pay far to much to get in and drink over priced, mediocre cocktails with all the other tourists waiting to see a pantie-less Paris...


Can’t forget “Queen of Las Vegas”, where you have more mo

ney than Oprah and can throw it around like confetti. Who wouldn’t love Vegas when you can shop at Burberry, Roberto Cavalli and Christian Dior.

The above are not my Vegas. My

Vegas is that of a mom of four who wants to spend some alone time with her fabulous husband, eat great food that I don’t have to cook, cut up or wipe off of other little people and drink deevalicious cocktails till my hearts content. This may be dull and boring to some, but to me it’s like being a

high roller. So here are my 5 favorite things to do when I am in Sin City...




1) Enjoy a walk down the strip with a Mojito from the Bacardi hut out in front of Caesars Palace. Be sure to ask them to make it with Effen Black Cherry Vodka, adds a fantastic twist to the cocktail. A note of caution, these are so good that you may be tempted to enjoy them in multiples. They go down very smooth but will sneak up on you quickly, if you wake up naked in a bus shelter, it’s not my fault.

2) Take in a Show...There are so many A-list fabulous entertainers in Vegas, Carrot Top not being one of them. Tip...If you buy the tickets on the day of the performance from the box office, you get fabulous seats at a great price as they are trying to sell them off.

3) Have dinner on the patio of Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris hotel. It is directly across from the Belagio fountains and one of the fewstrip patios in Vegas. The food is amazing, the ambiance to die for and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the experience. Be sure to ask for a table on the railing, people watching on the strip is part of the fun.

4) Check out FREE local talent. In almost every hotel on the strip you will find an amazing
house act. From jazz bands, dueling pianos, motown gigs and top 20 jams. You can listen to almost any style of music and enjoy a night of free, high quality entertainment.







5) Enjoy t
he Freemont Street experience. In the original part of downtown Las Vegas, this colourful, light show is so worth the short cab ride. It is a fun night to walk around and people watch. For dinner while there I recommend Lillie’s Asian Cuisine in the Golden Nugget...3 words..FA-BU-LOUS...







Oh..and if you want a #6...then throw caution to the wind and

get a kick ass tattoo at the PussyKat Tattoo parlor...by a guy named Dirk Vermon...


My Vegas Mojito...


1 tbsp fresh lime juice

2 tsp simple syrup

6-7 large mint leaves

1-1/2 oz. Black Cherry Vodka

Crushed ice

Soda water


Muddle vodka, simple syrup, lime juice and mint leaves, the longer you muddle the better the mint flavour. Shake with ice , sever in a tall over ice and top with Soda water...Cheers...


www.cocktaildeeva.com





Share/Bookmark

No comments: